The Facts about Oregon Home Insurance

Most homeowners and renters know that insurance is not just a good idea, it' and absolute necessity if you want to keep your home and belongings protected. The way it works is pretty simple, you buy insurance coverage for your home or apartment and then when bad things happen, the insurance company helps to pay for the damages. Whether you live in Bend, Oregon, Washington State or even in California, it would be a good idea for you to compare quotes on homeowners or renters insurance from multiple carriers, and one of the best ways to do that is by using an independent agency like Northwestern Insurance Group.

Home insurance usually protects your property from a variety of dangers. Some of the most common dangers are fire, wind damage or water damage, although sometimes you need to add flood insurance to your policy to cover some types of water damage. If, for example, a tree falls on your house during a wind storm, the insurance company would pay for the damage, less the cost of the deductible. The insurance will also cover your losses if something gets stolen from your house or apartment.

The type of home insurance coverage you need depends on the type of property in which you live. If you have a huge house with a four car garage and millions of dollars in valuables inside, you're going to want a policy with a high dollar amount of coverage and probably some special riders to cover things like jewelry in case it gets stolen. If you have a small apartment, simple renters insurance will do. It's always a good idea to go online and compare policies to find out exactly what your options are so that you can find the right policy for your particular dwelling.

Homeowners and renters should have insurance to keep their homes and belongings protected. In California, Washington and Oregon, an independent agency like Northwestern Insurance Group can help you to compare quotes online and get the right policy for your particular property and situation, whether you rent or won your dwelling.